Hi from Riga, Latvia (East Europe)!
My e-mail is email@example.com
Recently I started learning Chinese characters that are used for transcription of non-Chinese names, country names, city names. I do not have any learning material but still I think I am on the right way regarding the matter. Usually, in many cases it is quite clear how to write the name. As far as I can understand Valdis is WaErDiSi and it is always spelled with these characters. Thou it is clear that Jansons is YangSongSi, will it always be written in one particular way? I have discovered that "na" can be written differently in different names.
1. Are transcription rules official and approved?
2. Mainland and Taiwanese transcription - any difference?
3. Should characters when put together, have a meaning?
4. Should any character indicate whether it is a masculine/feminine name.
5. Should any of them be avoided because it means smth negative?
Discussions on Mandarin Chinese. Do not post requests for translations or advertise couses in this forum.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests